We want you to enjoy the LTA learning experience and feel comfortable and confident working through the demands of the training days and tasks. With this in mind, we’ve developed Readiness Tests for prospective candidates.
Designed to ensure the training you’ve chosen is right for you, the Readiness Test is taken in your own time at a venue of your choice and you are free to undertake and record each element of the test as many times as you need before submitting your video(s) to us for assessment.
What is a Readiness Test?
It’s a course prerequisite that develops and assesses candidates against the knowledge and skills required to succeed on a qualification.
- Playing Ability
The Readiness Tests are an opportunity for learning. They are directly linked to the specific educational requirements of each qualification, based on the typical roles and responsibilities at each level on the pathway.
- However, candidates who hold, or have held, an LTA rating that is 7.1 (post 2003) can bypass the Readiness Test and book directly onto the respective qualification core training.
- However candidates who are currently ranked in the top 100 in the LTA Padel open rankings can bypass the Readiness Test.
*Candidates must be ranked in the top 100 when signing up for the course - this list will be updated quarterly.
- However, candidates who hold, or have held, an LTA rating that is 6.1 (post 2003) can bypass the Readiness Test and book directly onto the respective qualification core training.
- If you have previously undertaken a Play Test and received at least grade 1 this will remain valid for entry for the course and you will not be required to complete a Coach Readiness Test.
- However, candidates who hold, or have held, an LTA rating that is 5.1 for Senior Coach (or 4.1 for Senior Performance Coach) can bypass the Readiness Test and book directly onto the respective qualification core training.
- If you have previously undertaken a Play Test and received at least grade 2 this will remain valid for entry for the course and you will not be required to complete a Senior Coach Readiness Test.
Readiness Tests are £36.
Booking a Readiness Test allows for ONE submission - if you receive a not yet pass mark you will be required to book another Readiness Test.
Readiness Test submissions, which will be approximately 20 minutes in length, will be assessed by one of our expert LTA Qualification Assessors. They will provide detailed feedback and action plans to facilitate further coach development.
The LTA is committed to ensuring that our qualifications are accessible for all, which is why it is vital that all candidates where possible outline any reasonable adjustments/or special considerations you may require prior to attending the course. Please use this link to outline to the LTA and LTA Assessor the additional support needs that you will require on this course in order to maximise your learning.
The final decision made by the LTA Reasonable Adjustment & Special Consideration Requests panel cannot be challenged.
Readiness Tests can be booked directly on the LTA website - please click below.
Please ensure you sign up for the correct Readiness Test – they are pre-fixed with the qualification title, e.g., Instructor Readiness Test.