LTA Tennis Assistant
This enhanced two-day qualification is ideal for tennis parents, enthusiasts, or keen players looking for the knowledge and skills to support group coaching sessions, alongside a lead coach.
During the LTA Assistant coaching course you will learn:
- Communication, organisation and differentiation skills for group coaching
- Basic tactical, technical, physical and mental development frameworks
- Other key assistant skills, from safeguarding to LTA Youth delivery
As an LTA Assistant, you’ll be fully trained to assist a lead coach at any venue.
The course is designed so that sessions run by a lead coach can be run with higher group numbers, or a session with the same group numbers can be run with higher quality. The course learning outcomes are delivered as beginner level and red focusing on red stage coaching. However, you’ll cover basic knowledge and skills that can be applied to any age and level of player.
The qualification is made up of two separate elements - Training and Assessment.
Training: two days of face-to-face training time, separated by a minimum of three weeks (to provide time for you to get four hours of work experience and time to complete your coursework).
Assessment: the course doesn’t require a Final Assessment because you’ll be continually assessed throughout.
Interested? Great! Our courses just have a few pre-requisites to ensure that they are right for you.
For the LTA Assistant, you’ll need to:
- Be 16 years old, on or before the first day of the course
- Have a signed ‘letter of deployment’ from the venue where you have your four hours of work experience organised. If you need support with this, your local Coach Development Centre can help.
- You can book and pay for your qualification training through the LTA Coach Development Centres (our official external training provider network).
- For specific costs, dates and venues in your area, please visit the Course Search Tool.
The LTA is committed to ensuring that our qualifications are accessible for all, which is why it is vital that all candidates where possible outline any reasonable adjustments and/or special considerations you may require prior to attending the course. Please use this link to outline to the Coach Development Centre, LTA and Course Tutor the additional support needs that you will require on this course in order to maximise your learning.
The final decision made by the LTA Reasonable Adjustment & Special Consideration Requests panel cannot be challenged.