Coach Tutor Qualification
LTA Tutors inspire, train, and develop the next generation of tennis and/or padel coaches.
The Coach Tutor Qualification (CTQ) is for experienced, successful, and driven coaches with an excellent track record in coaching players, growing programmes, and leading and developing teams. You must have a passion for coaching and be committed to help other coaches achieve their goals.
LTA Tutors are expert practitioners across a wide range of coaching populations and environments and, ideally, they also possess a demonstrable level of expertise in a subject relevant to the coaching profession.
On successful completion of the CTQ in tennis or padel, you’ll be:
- Educated in the principles of androgogy
- Trained to deliver presentations with confidence
- Adept at creating great learning environments
- Added to the LTA’s Approved Tutor List for tennis or padel
- Able to deliver LTA tennis or padel qualifications and CPD
Please note, LTA Assistant, Instructor, and Coach qualifications are delivered by our Coach Development Centres. These centres contract directly with tutors from our Approved Tutor List. Successful completion of the course will make you eligible to deliver qualifications but is not a guarantee of work.
There are currently no CTQ courses planned for the rest of 2023. Please complete the Expression of Interest form at the bottom of the page if you are looking to attend a padel or tennis CTQ in the future.
The course costs £1500.
Further information will be listed when the next course is advertised.
- Hold a valid LTA Coach Accreditation* (which has not been suspended or withdrawn).
- Hold a minimum qualification of an LTA Senior Coach (Level 4) in tennis or equivalent in padel.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of running in-service training or leading a team.
- Strong track record of player and/or programme development.
- Successfully complete the Padel Tutor Readiness Test.**
*Coaches applying for the Tennis Coach Tutor Qualification must be Accredited+
**Only applicable to coaches applying for the Padel Coach Tutor Qualification
The LTA is committed to ensuring that our qualifications are accessible for all, which is why it is vital that all candidates where possible outline any reasonable adjustments/or special considerations you may require prior to attending the course. Please use this link to outline to the LTA and LTA Assessor the additional support needs that you will require on this course in order to maximise your learning.
The final decision made by the LTA Reasonable Adjustment & Special Consideration Requests panel cannot be challenged.
To register your interest in the next Tennis CTQ please complete the expression of interest form below.
Applications for the next Padel CTQ are not currently live.