National Age Group Programme
What is the National Age Group Programme?
The NAGP aims to support the development of 12-14 year old players who are showing the potential to meet the selection criteria for National Academy selection within 2-3 years.
The National Performance Pathway Team will work in collaboration with a player’s coach and family to establish a high-quality programme. Players will also be supported through access to the following opportunities during the contract term:
- Training visits from a designated National Age Group Coach (Case Manager),
- Invitations to all National Activity (i)
- Support in the development and regular review of an individual development plan and tournament schedule,
- Key insights from camps, trips or at tournaments,
- Potential access to an NAGP financial award
(i) Invitations to all National Activity are subject to the relevance of the activity for the Scholar which will be determined by the selection panel when selecting ahead of each National Activity. National Activity is defined as: National Matchplay Weekends and National Camps.
How are selections made?
The 14U National Age Group Programme Scholarships selection policy can be downloaded on the below link: