What is County Training?
County Training is organised practice sessions held and run by each tennis county to provide regular opportunities for the best players in the county to train and compete with one another
Counties use County Training squads for selections for County Cup competitions.
Who is it for?
The best junior players in the county, with emphasis on U8 to U14s.
What can I expect from County Training?
- High intensity, fun squad training on a monthly basis – the cost of which will be subsidised by the LTA
- Players involved in the squads may get opportunities to represent their county as part of a county team
- County Training is delivered by local coaches who have specialised training and a track record of working with county performance players
How do players get involved?
- Each county has their own selection criteria, which can be found on their websites
- To be considered for selection, players will need to be competing in local tournaments