Pro players area
We have a wide range of information and advice for players who are looking for guidance on becoming a professional tennis player to take the next steps in their careers, including how to find financial support, help with combining studies and tennis, and resources and information for developing as a professional tennis player.
Professional and financial support is provided to high performing tennis players. These players receive a 12 month funding agreement and are supported through funding for their coaching and access to the National Tennis Centre.
Find out more:
The National Age Group Programme is our strategy for supporting junior player development and is focused on providing exceptional training, learning, and competition experiences for squads of players across the age-groups who emerge from the existing and future junior player pathways. At the core of these experiences is the theme of progressive exploration of the pro-tennis world and what it will take to progress and succeed within it. Our National Junior Camps, National Match Play Events and Official Trips are key components of this.
The National Junior Coaches are highly focused on working closely with three stakeholders - players, parents and coaches; and there are three aims:
- To provide memorable and inspirational experiences for the young athletes.
- To support and educate parents to help them along the tennis journey with their child.
- To positively influence the day to day development work of players by supporting their coaches through quality feedback and diligent follow-up.
Trip selections are made by the National Coaches.
- The final decision on selection for international trips lies with the National Coaches.
- The LTA reserve the right to cancel trips.
- Entry is based on a player's Tennis Europe or Junior ITF Ranking.
- Parents & individual coaches are asked not to attend Summer & Winter Cups.
- Parents and coaches are welcome to attend all other events, although players will at all times be travelling as part of the official team.
Additional important documents:
Find out more about and apply for wild cards:
We are committed to ensuring that British tennis is a drug free sport. In line with our Fair Play values we believe that all tennis players have the right to play, compete and win in a fair and drug-free environment.
Visit the anti-doping section of our website for further information.
Tennis First are a Charitable Organisation who provide financial support to those players who have a financial need to help them with some of the costs associated with being an aspiring tennis professional. The LTA makes a significant financial and VIK annual investment into Tennis First to enable the charity to target support to less privileged players in the LTA Player Pathway who might be finding it difficult to afford the coaching, training and competition programmes required to successfully progress.
Over the years Tennis First have supported many players including Anne Keothavong (current GB Fed Cup captain and former WTA top 50 player), Kyle Edmund (current GB #1 with a career high ranking to date of #14), Katie Boulter (current WTA top 100 player) and Liam Broady (career high ATP ranking of #151).
For more information, visit the Tennis First website.
SportsAid, supported by Sport England, is the UK’s leading charity who receives funding from its partners, donors and fundraisers to financially support the next generation of young and aspiring athletes, during the defining early years of their careers.
Find out more about SportsAid.
The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust
The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust (DMTT) is a charity dedicated to serving tennis to disabled people.
LTA works closely with DMTT in supporting individuals, clubs, disability organisations and special schools. The four main areas of disability covered are wheelchair, deaf, learning disability and visually impaired tennis.
Applications for grant aid are considered by the Trustees four times a year – the areas of support are:
- Specialist wheelchairs for individuals and centres
- Equipment/coaching kit bags for coaches, clubs, special schools, disability groups and associations
- Financial support for groups and individuals
- Assistance with Coaching Course Fees