Vote: July Player of the Month
• 3 MINUTE READ
As the grass court season comes to a close and the US hard court swing gets underway, it’s time for you to crown your stand-out British tennis stars from July.
As the tennis season moved to the grass and the Brits had the chance compete on home soil, we were treated to a month of great success across the ATP, WTA, ITF and Wheelchair tours - but now it's over to you to vote for the players who have impressed you the most in July.
How does it work?
Every month, three players will be nominated for each of the following categories:
- Men’s singles
- Women’s singles
How to vote
Voting is open exclusively to our Advantage members - sign in to your account or find out how to create one for free.
Voting closes on Monday 14 August at 23:59.
- Reached the third round at Wimbledon
- Defeated world No.4 Casper Ruud in the second round
- Jumped 22 places in the rankings to world No.125
- Progressed to the second round at the ATP 250 in Newport
- Lifted his first singles title of the season at the M25 Champaign
- Finished runner-up at the M25 Edwardsville the following week
- Won 11 of 14 matches played
- Rose from world No.432 to 388
- Won his fourth and biggest title of his career at the M25 Nottingham
- Made the quarter-finals at the M25 Roehampton
- Reached a career-high singles ranking of world No.518
- Fought her way to the third round at Wimbledon for the second time in consecutive years
- Reached a new career-high at world No.73
- Claimed her first career Grand Slam win against Caty McNally
- Made the quarter-finals at the W100 Vitoria-Gasteiz
- Broke into the WTA top 100 – new career-high ranking at world No.94
- Quarter-finalist at the BNP Paribas Warsaw Open
- Won his first men’s Grand Slam doubles title at Wimbledon with Wesley Koolhof
- Became the first British player to do so since 2012
- Reclaimed his spot as world No.1
- Became the first all-British women’s partnership to reach the quarter-finals at Wimbledon since 1983
- Both players broke into the WTA doubles top 100 for the first time
- Reached the quarter-finals at the BNP Paribas Warsaw Open
- Cliched her fifth career WTA doubles title with Yanina Wickmayer at the BNP Paribas Warsaw Open
- Made the second round of Wimbledon women’s and mixed doubles
- Won their fifth Wimbledon wheelchair men’s doubles title together
- The title marked their 18th Grand Slam trophy as a pair
- Sealed her second ITF 1 doubles title of the season at the Belgian Open
- Claimed the Trofeo della Mole ITF Futures singles title
- Made the semi-finals at the Flanders 25 ITF 3 singles event