About Tennis Scotland
Mission: To grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable:
- To build stronger venues at the heart of our community making tennis accessible.
- To build a world class player development pathway.
- To develop a range of facilities and venues fit for the future of our sport making tennis relevant.
- To grow and develop a world class workforce.
- To deliver a range of Events and Competitions to experience and showcase tennis making tennis enjoyable and welcoming.
- To grow and develop resources to deliver an effective new organisation.
In summary we want to see more people playing across clubs and pay as you go facilities. We want to see more quality facilities and world class workforce development and coaching. We want to see an all year round sport in our communities with tennis a major or leading player in our communities in terms of community access to facilities. We want to see more Scottish players succeeding at the very top of the game in juniors and on the ATP and WTA tours and we want an ambitious confident organisation working with all to create growth and investment to ensure a sustainable and healthy future for Scottish tennis.
You can view the Tennis Scotland 2022-26 Strategy document below:
Governance & structure
Tennis Scotland is governed by a Board of Directors who review, monitor and support the strategic direction of the Organisation via the Chief Executive.
The Board and Chief Executive are responsible for strategy and delivery for Tennis Scotland.
Tennis Scotland has an Executive Team which is charged with the day to day operation of the business led by Chief Executive Blane Dodds who is also a Trustee on the Board of Directors.
- Chair Graham Watson
- Chief Executive Blane Dodds
- President John Stirling
- Vice President John Wilson
- Non-Executive Director Derek Quirk
- Non Executive Director Deborah Hood
- Non-Executive Director Anja Vreg
- Non-Executive Director Michele Mair
- Non-Executive Director Graeme Gault
- Non-Executive Director Sean Lineen
- Company Secretary Barbara Southern
- Honorary President Dennis D Carmichael OBE
Click on each year to view all annual reports as a PDF.
2012 Annual Report
Click to view AGM minutes as a PDF.
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2020 (Held on April 22 2021)
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2019 (Held on April 23 2020)
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2018 (Held on April 25 2019)
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2017 (Held on April 26 2018)
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2016 (Held on April 13 2017)
Tennis Scotland AGM minutes - 2015 (Held on December 17 2015)
Tennis Scotland have a number of policies and rules we adhere to, please see below;
- Tennis Scotland Safegaurding policies can be found on this page
- LTA policies can be found on this page
- Guidance for Clubs can be found in our Resource Library.
- ICO Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found here.
- Website: tennistayside.org
- President: Susan Whiteford, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Joy Mayglothling, email@example.com
- Welfare Contact: Rhona Alston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: tennisayrshire.org.uk
- President: Lorn Shanks, email@example.com
- Secretary: Grant Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welfare Contact: Elaine Semple, email@example.com
East of Scotland
- Website: https://eastofscotlandtennis.uk/
- President : Viki Mendelssohn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: TBC, email@example.com
- Welfare Contact: Adele Fletcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
North East Scotland LTA
- Website: clubspark.lta.org.uk/NorthEastScotlandLawnTennisassociation
- President: Andrew Fyfe, email@example.com, 07966 583701
- Secretary: Jane Hoare, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07860 226122
- Welfare Contact: Graeme Currie, email@example.com, 07961 161275
Tennis Dumfries & Galloway
- Website: dumfriesandgallowaytennis.com
- President: Keith Thom, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07821 526388
- Secretary: Lister McKidddie, email@example.com, 01387 256260
- Welfare Contact: Mary Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
West of Scotland
- Website: tenniswos.co.uk
- Executive Director: John Stevenson, Stevenson@tenniswestofscotland.org, 07958 202767
- President: Barry Gibson-Smith, email@example.com, 07545 087233
- Company Secretary: John Stevenson, Stevenson@tenniswestofscotland.org, 07958 202 767
- Welfare Contact: Baljinder Purba, Baljinder_purba@hotmail.com, 07984 494982
- Website: tenniscentralscotland.org
- President: Alan Christie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01786 472126
- Secretary: David Knapman, email@example.com
- Welfare Contact: Hannah Pickford, firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlands Tennis Ltd
- Website: clubspark.lta.org.uk/highlandtennis
- President: Teresa Tait, email@example.com, 07825 671887
- Secretary: Hamish McBain, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01340 831432
- Welfare Contact: Annerle Douglas, email@example.com
- Website: sites.google.com/site/borderstennis
- President: Eddie Brogan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Angie Laidlaw, email@example.com
- Welfare Contact: TBC
North East Coach Contact – Matt Kerswell 07907 289989
Highlands District – Derek Brown 07742 161828
Tayside District – Steven Birrell 07852517585
Ayrshire District Contact – Lorn Shanks 07577 379199
Borders District – Al McCulloch 07508 102211
The Tennis Scotland Open Tour offers players the opportunity to compete for prize money in singles tournaments around the country.
In 2023, there has been significant investment into the tour to create a quality domestic competition calendar.
Through sponsorship, prize pots have increased to up to £7600 for Tier 1 events and £3200 for Tier 2 events.
Players also pick up points based on their performances, with the top 16 on the leaderboards qualifying for the TS Open Tour Finals.