Tennis first aid certificate
If you want to become an LTA Accredited Coach, you’ll need to hold a valid first aid certificate that is no more than 3 years old. If your first aid certificate expires whilst you are accredited, you should renew as soon as possible before your next renewal.
In order to maintain a national standard and to comply with the insurance regulations, your first aid training must be one of the following:
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) - 6 hours
- First Aid at Work (FAW) - 18 hours
- Paediatric First Aid (PFA) - 12 hours
Please note: an online first aid course is not valid for LTA Coach Accreditation, and training must be delivered face-to-face by a recognised provider in Great Britain.
If you have completed a valid first aid course but it is not showing in the Coach Secure Area, please submit your certificate to us for verification, using the form below:
The certificate must clearly include the following:
- Name of training organisation (or provider).
- Name of qualification.
- Name of trained individual (i.e. you).
- A validity period of three years from date of course completion.
- A statement that teaching was delivered in accordance with currently accepted first aid practice.
You can complete your first aid training with any provider that delivers the approved EFAW / FAW / PFA syllabus. We recommend you search for a course online using the example term below:
“Emergency First Aid at Work course near me”
You can also find a range of Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) courses using the LTA Course Search tool.
If you book onto a course featured on the LTA website, your first aid training will be updated automatically upon completion.