Skip to content

What is an Overseas Criminal Record (OCR) check and do I need to apply for it?
2 minutes

Overseas criminal record certificates are required for each country the applicant has been resident in for a total period of 6 months or more during the last 5 years.

DBS checks do not include information from overseas police forces, which means that people who have recently moved to the UK may be required to also obtain an Overseas Criminal Records (OCR) check.

You will need an OCR check if you meet the below criteria:

  1. In the last five years, you have lived in another country/countries outside of the UK;
  2. You have lived in that country/countries for a total period of at least 6 months.
  3. You intend to apply for LTA Qualifications, Coach Accreditation, Official Licence or work/volunteer as a Welfare Officer.

To start the OCR process please fill out our form which can be found on our page here 

If you need more information on how to get a criminal record check from a particular country please check out the Government page here.

Is this Information Useful?
Related Articles
Still require more information?
Cookies on LTA site

We use cookies on our site to ACE your experience, improve the quality of our site and show you content we think you’ll be interested in. Let us know if you agree to cookies or if you’d prefer to manage your own settings.