Good club governance is the foundation for all successful and well-run tennis clubs. Strong governance ensures your tennis club is professionally managed, safe and compliant with its legal obligations. A well-run club will attract and engage members and players and will be financially sustainable.
We’ve developed an excellent Self-Service Guide to Club Governance to help tennis clubs put into place effective governance structures.
We understand that many aspects of club financial management are complicated and can require specialist advice. As a result, we provide LTA Registered Venues with access to our specialist legal and tax helpline, operated by a leading commercial law firm. They can provide valuable guidance and advice on a wide range of business-related topics for clubs and coaches, including the following:
- Governance and incorporation
- Tax treatment and advice
- Employment law
- Property law
- Disciplinary and safeguarding regulations
- Data protection & GDPR
To access support from our Legal & Tax helpline partners, Brabners, you simply need to call 03330 433 232 and quote your LTA registration number.
Below you'll find a list of useful webinars we've run around club governance - including on effective strategic planning, understanding GDPR and handling complaints.
Below you'll find some useful resources and templates to help guide you through the club governance process:
Explore the below case studies to see how other clubs have followed our club governance advice:
- Halton Tennis Club - 'Protecting member and player data in a digital world'
- Ilkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club - 'Implementing good governance to underpin effective running of the club'
- Leatherhead Tennis Club - 'Leatherhead’s champion approach to succession planning'
- Atlantic Racquet Centre - 'How Atlantic Racquet Centre is measuring positive social impact'