Should you wish to contact Tennis Wales with any concerns or to make a complaint please contact us via:
Email us: email@example.com
Write to us:
Tennis Wales Ltd
2 Drake Walk, Brigantine Place
Simon is CEO of Tennis Wales, having joined the organisation in 2019. As CEO, he leads our work towards the vision & strategy tennis opened up across Wales 2020 – 2024.
He started his career at Marriott International, choosing to turn down a place at University to study law & economics and take a vocational pathway into the industry instead. A strong desire to develop people and teams, as well as a passion for marketing took him into new roles with the LTA. Having overseen tennis development & investment across the South, South West and Midlands regions for the LTA, Simon coordinated more than £26m of facility investment projects, managed large regional teams and coordinated work with MPs, Local Authorities and partner organisations over a ten year period. His time at the LTA also included working at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
To contact Simon:
Please call or email Maria Rees: 029 2046 8335 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark is the Tennis Wales Safeguarding Officer, supporting the tennis network of 16,000 members, 83 venues, 220 coaches and more than 500 volunteers across Wales.
Mark works part time, with time time being split the office and out on the field.
- How long have you worked at Tennis Wales? As of June 12th....3 Days!
- What is your Background? I was a police officer for 30 years retiring in May 2019. The last 10 years of my career worked operationally running a Public Protection Unit in Cardiff and then strategically within South Wales Police HQ. Additionally I run Danescourt Football club in Cardiff which is exclusively a children’s club in Cardiff.
- What do you like about working in Tennis Wales? Utilising my safeguarding knowledge and experience to ensure that everyone involved with tennis in Wales have the confidence to feel that children can thrive in a safe and secure environment.
- What are your hobbies? With three growing boys time for my hobbies is limited. I coach three age groups within the football club which I enjoy. After all that’s done there’s not much time left!
- What is your favourite film? Got to be the Blues Brothers, great film, great music.
To contact Mark:
email@example.com / 07984 978011
Jamie has 15 years' experience in National Governing Body Sport Development. He has an extensive track record of leading change in Governing Body policy and delivery and as strategic lead for Football Development in Wales, Jamie’s remit included increasing participation and building the infrastructure of grassroots clubs whilst safeguarding the future of the sport through appropriate facility development/management.
Jamie also served as a member of the Senior Executive Team of the FAW Trust and as a consequence, has valuable experience of strategic and corporate management within a sporting context.
Equality and inclusion work are a personal passion, and Jamie has a positive track record of intervention in disadvantaged and diverse communities. Under his ‘stewardship’, he saw a 45% increase in female participation. He was also responsible for the first two strategies for disability football, leading to a 500% increase in disability participation and the establishment of a national and regional performance programme.
Jamie has experience of designing, implementing and activating sponsorship programmes for grassroots football activity working with multi-national companies such as McDonald’s, Lidl and Vauxhall.
Most recently Jamie has been working for Bridgend County Borough Council in the Prevention and Wellbeing Service, leading the Healthy and active funded Super-Agers Project and work to support the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged groups. In addition to working as a consultant on various facility planning and development projects.
To contact Jamie:
Chris is our Head of Performance and leads on the delivery of the player pathway across Wales. He brings 30 years of playing and coaching experience to the role and works closely with players, parents, coaches and programmes to help them reach their potential.
Chris has played and coached at most levels of the game as a junior, pro-player and LTA Level 5 performance coach. He has worked in both the men’s and women’s coaching teams at the LTA which included working as travelling coach to Johanna Konta in 2011/12 and captaining Team GB at several European Summer Cup competitions. More recently, Chris has been working in Wales developing Welsh players to Junior Grand Slam and Professional Tour levels.
To contact Chris :
07432 731906 / Chris.Lewis@tenniswales.org.uk
Mark develops and delivers the annual competition plan across Wales, working closely with the LTA as well as county committees, referees, organisers and venues. He leads on the event management of all Tennis Wales led competitions and special events.
- How long have you worked at Tennis Wales? 11 years
- What is your background? I have played tennis since the age of 4, regularly competing across the Devon & Somerset Tournament circuit and am a Level 3 Accredited+ Tennis Coach. I studied Sports Education and Leisure Management at the University of Gloucestershire before moving into the Leisure Industry and prior to Tennis Wales, worked at The University of Exeter.
- What do you like most about working at Tennis Wales? Being able to make a considerable impact in a project from start to finish. I particularly enjoy working with various partners to create new competition opportunities, to allow more players to compete at all levels of the game to keep them engaged in our sport.
- What are your hobbies? I am truly blessed to have a son and daughter so spend as much time as I can with them. My other love is in the form of Torquay United Football Club – a love/hate relationship if you will. I get to as many games as possible otherwise I can often be found on Twitter retweeting goal tweets or offering ‘constructive criticism’ when all is not well.
To contact Mark :
029 2046 8339 / 07958 302771 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long have you worked at Tennis Wales? 13 years
- What is your background? I started playing tennis at the age of 10 at Brymbo Tennis Club, playing club and county level tennis. At 15 I volunteered at a local mini tennis group and then took coaching qualifications to become a Level 3 club coach. On leaving school I did an apprenticeship at a local garage as a Vehicle Refinisher (aka a Paint Sprayer!!). When Wrexham Tennis Centre was first built I then became a trainee manager and continued coaching at the centre and other clubs. Following this I worked for Wrexham Local Authority as Tennis Development Officer, then left this position in 2006 to take up the North Wales Development position for Tennis Wales.
- What do you like most about working at Tennis Wales? I love the variety of working in participation as you get to work with volunteers, professional coaches and local authorities across so many areas of the game including education, competitions and with my biggest passion disability tennis.
- What are your hobbies? Having been a golf widow for a number of years, much to the disappointment of my son and better half I have now taken up the game (well, my version of the game. #workinprogress).
To contact Pam :
07949 512566 / email@example.com
Vicki brings a broad range of skills and experience to the position as a current LTA Coach Developer, she has extensive experience of tutoring coaches across Great Britain. In addition she has experience of developing players across the pathway from participation to performance and is a currently county captain and coordinator in North Wales.
Vicki plays a crucial role in developing the next generation of coaches to help us further grow the sport in Wales whilst ensuring our existing coaches receive excellent CPD opportunities and bespoke support to help them deliver quality tennis coaching across Wales.
To contact Vicki:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07949 500497
Maria is the Office Manager for Tennis Wales and is based in Cardiff. She works Monday - Wednesday 8.30am til 4.30pm and Thursday 9.30am til 2.30pm.
Maria deals with the day to day running of the office and can help with any customer service issues. Maria also offers PA support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
Maria has worked with Tennis Wales since 2013 and has worked as a senior PA in many industries including Education, Food Hygiene and for a well know media organisation.
To contact Maria:
07516 126127 email@example.com
Rachel is the Finance Officer for Tennis Wales and is based in Cardiff. Rachel has worked at Tennis Wales since 2019 and manages the day-to-day finances for the organisation.
Rachel works part time Tuesday to Friday, 9.30am til 3.30pm.
Originally from Manchester, Rachel has worked in finance roles for 17 years in both large and small organisations covering a variety of industries.
To contact Rachel:
07718 961510 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan is our Tennis Operations Coordinator and works full time. Megan will administer leagues, competitions, performance squads and our coach education courses.
email@example.com / 07432732203