For all information on the LTA insurance, please check out the LTA Insurance Centre here.
Who is covered?
Cover is provided for:
All National, County and Island Associations.
All venues & programmes formerly registered to the LTA as places to play through their National, County or Island Association.
Committees, members and coaches of members clubs registered to the LTA as Venue (formerly known as places to play).
Members of LTA Coach Accreditation or Accreditation+.
What activities are covered?
Protection is provided for a wide range of activities related to the place to play, including:
- Organised tennis activities including training, tournaments and competitions.
- Social, fundraising and administrative duties.
- A place to play which borrows, rents or leases premises for sporting or social purposes and is held liable for any damage to the facilities.
- Courses, where the course is taking place at the place to play or an alternative venue (e.g. school) and whether or not the participants are members of the place to play, if the course is delivered by the club's employed coach.
Any self employed coach will not be covered by the Place to Play insurances but if LTA Accredited+ they will be covered for tennis activity by the LTA Accredited+ coaches cover.
How much is covered?
The Limits of Indemnity provided under each section of cover are:
- Public Liability:£60m (each and every claim).
- Products Liability: £60m (each and every claim and per policy year).
- Professional Indemnity: £10m (each and every claim).
- Abuse:£10m (each and every claim and per policy year, including costs).
- Directors & Officers Liability:£1m per place to play / £5m overall limit (each and every claim and per policy year, including costs).