This 3-hour course is hosted by a Safeguarding Tutor and delivered in a virtual Zoom classroom. This course is essential for anyone who has contact with children and/or adults at risk in a tennis environment and is a prerequisite for LTA Accredited coaches and Welfare Officers.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- State the definition of a child and adult at risk
- Identify the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect in children and adults at risk in tennis
- Practise dealing with a disclosure
- State best practice on how to gain consent from children and adults at risk
- State how to respond to unsafe working practices and safeguarding concerns
- Identify the LTA Reporting a Concern Form and how to complete the relevant sections
This course covers how to recognise and respond to the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect, how to refer concerns to relevant agencies and how to record incidents appropriately.
The minimum age to attend this course is 16 years old.
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
To find a date and book onto this course, please click here.