This is an Emergency First Aid at Work course, which is a mandatory pre-requisite for LTA Coach Accreditation
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Wednesday, 13 December 2023: 09:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Bucks Indoor Tennis Centre
Holmer Lane ,
Growing the Game Ltd is an approved LTA Coach Development Centre covering Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Our organisation offers LTA qualifications at Assistant, Instructor and Level 3. We also offer CPD courses from the LTA official course menu including Safeguarding and Protection in Tennis and First Aid.
At GTG we strive to improve lives through tennis. We believe that sport generally and tennis specifically has enormous potential to help people lead their best lives; fun, fitness, friendships alongside skill development and competition are just some of the many life affirming benefits of playing tennis. Coaches are absolutely key to facilitating opportunities and “growing the game”.
We believe strongly that the person comes first, we aim to respect each individual and build on their strengths whilst deepening their knowledge of the game and the industry, preparing them to grow the game and improve lives through tennis. At GTG candidates enjoy their Coach Education experience from our excellent customer service through to a first-class delivery team in fantastic facilities. We look forward to seeing you on court soon to start or continue your Coach Education journey.