Club Forums Provide: Key Updates and Case Study
• 2 MINUTE READ
Coaches, volunteers and committee members from across the Welsh tennis network joined Tennis Wales for our online Club Forums.
The participants heard valuable updates from our Participation team and enjoyed the opportunity to network with others from the Welsh tennis community.
The sessions also included:
- Insight from Haverfordwest Lawn Tennis Club Chair Dean Richards and the Chair of the Futures Sub Group Jeremy Cross on how they have engaged with Pembrokeshire County council and Tennis Wales to safeguard indoor tennis provision in the region. With support from Tennis Wales’ Jamie Clewer and Matt Rutland the club’s committee has conducted several feasibility reports to ensure the long- term future of tennis in Pembrokeshire is secured.
- Updates from Tennis Wales’ Disability and Inclusion Lead Stuart Baker on:
- The success of Cardiff Baseliners and the potential of more clubs open their doors to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- How to create long-lasting relationships with your local schools
- How to provide more opportunities for disabled players to join our sport.
- Rebecca Hannibal from Tennis Wales competitions walked through the LTA youth compete pathway and how creating local circuits can lead to an increase in the number of juniors starting competition and continuing along the competition pathway.
Tennis Wales would like to extend a massive thank you to the Welsh tennis network and all the great work taking place to open up tennis in Wales.