LTA Youth Schools Competition terms & conditions
These competition terms & conditions, together with any specific rules or conditions explained or notified by the LTA as relevant to this competition (a competition notice) apply to entrants completing the relevant action required to be entered into the LTA Youth Schools Competition February 2023 (the competition).
- This competition is organised by LTA Operations Limited (the LTA) whose address is at The National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ.
- The LTA reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these competition terms & conditions and to cancel or refuse any individual’s entry at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be posted on the LTA website (www.lta.org.uk).
- Entrants to the competition must be resident in the UK. Entrants to the competition must be a Member of the LTA’s Youth Schools programme and be an adult aged 18+.
- No employees of the LTA (or its group companies; or members of their families) involved in the administration of the competition may win the competition.
- The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the LTA. If ineligible, entrants will not be entitled to receive a prize (as defined below), and any prize awarded may be revoked.
- Entries must be submitted during the opening times set out in Condition 3.2 below or will be deemed to be invalid. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the instructions and/or requirements (including method and timing of entry) set out in these terms and conditions and in any competition notice in order to constitute a qualifying entry.
- Entries must be received at any time between 00:01 on Tuesday 28 February and 23:59 on Thursday 23 March 2023. The closing date is extended to 23:59 Friday 21 April 2023.
- Lost, delayed or incomplete entries will not be accepted and the LTA takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or not received for any reason, and proof of despatch will not be proof of receipt.
- Where applicable, entrants confirm that by entering the competition their entry: (i) includes information that is true, current and complete; (ii) is not obscene, disparaging or critical of any person, offensive, likely to infringe the rights of any third party or is otherwise unlawful. The LTA reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any entries which contravene, or are found to contravene, any of the criteria set out in this Condition 3.5, or are deemed by the LTA to be critical of the LTA, or are deemed ineligible by the LTA for any other reason.
- Entrants may not submit multiple entries to the competition. Automated, bulk or third party entries will not be valid.
Choosing the prize-winner
- Subject to the terms of these competition terms & conditions and unless otherwise stated in the competition notice, one school will be selected by the LTA at random (together the prize-winners, each a prize-winner) from all correct entries that the LTA (at its complete discretion) deems to qualify for entry into the competition. LTA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One school registered to LTA Youth Schools where a member of staff has completed teacher training during the specified time period shall receive a visit from a former or current professional tennis player of the LTA’s choosing (the prize).
- The prize is subject to availability and the LTA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. There is no monetary equivalent or cash alternative to the prize. The prize is non-transferable.
- Should any doubt arise as to an entrant’s eligibility, the LTA reserves the right to withhold the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- The prize-winner will be contacted by the LTA by e-mail or phone. The LTA will attempt to contact the prize-winner at least once. In the event that the prize-winner does not respond to the LTA within two days of the first e-mail or phone call, the LTA reserves the right to replace the prize-winner with another prize-winner. Only the prize-winner will be notified.
- The LTA accepts no liability for the loss of, or damage to, the prize once the prize-winner has received the prize. Unless otherwise expressly agreed or notified by the LTA in advance and in writing, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including accommodation, travel, meals, personal expenses, upgrades, etc. if applicable) that are connected with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner and are not included in the prize.
- The prize-winner will forfeit the right to the prize, without compensation or recourse, if he/she does not agree to be bound by these competition terms and conditions and/or does not meet eligibility criteria.
- Liability. The LTA cannot accept any liability (other than for death or personal injury or other liabilities that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded) for any damage, loss, costs, expenses or disappointment, whether direct or indirect, caused to or suffered by entrants in connection with the competition or as a result of the prize-winner accepting or making use of the prize. The LTA will not be liable if the prize is unable to be offered.
- Law. These competition terms & conditions and any non-contractual obligations connected to them shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise under or in connection with them.
- Severance. If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.