On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Wednesday, 10 April 2024: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
West Hants LTC
West Hants LTC, Roslin Road South
University of Exeter is an approved LTA Coach Development Centre.
Our organisation offers LTA qualifications at Assistant (Level1), Instructor (Level 2) and Coach (Level 3). We also offer CPD courses for coaches.
Our philosophy is to provide for the health and well-being of our University and the wider community. We are also motivated in increasing participation as a whole in addition to encouraging and supporting the success of our teams and players. We achieve this by providing excellent services through an array of opportunities, high level coaching and having exceptional facilities. Our innovative programme allows us to deliver a dynamic range of activities that encourage participation, support our students and help other users fulfil their tennis potential. Our approach to coach education is simple - we work hard to make coach education accessible for as many people as possible across the UK. We use quality, experienced, motivational tutors, to ensure that you come away with the confidence to be the best you can be. Our focus is on game based coaching and the mental side of the game.