On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Sunday, 07 January 2024: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Bromley Tennis Centre
Bromley Tennis Centre at Newstead, Avebury Road
Virtus Leisure Management is an approved LTA Coach Development Centre.
Our organisation offers LTA qualifications at Assistant, Instructor and Level 3. We also offer CPD courses for coaches from the LTA Official Course Menu as well as our own Virtus CPD courses. These range from off court topics such as managing a team of coaches, to on court workshops on a variety of subjects.
At Virtus we aim to share the excitement of tennis through innovation and excellence. We are proud of our partnership with the LTA to deliver high quality qualifications and CPD. As a result, our team of tutors strive to develop themselves to continue to raise the standard of our courses and we challenge ourselves to provide better communication for our learners on courses. At Virtus we look to build on relationships started on courses to become a central point for questions or help a coach may need.
For further information, please visit our website or call us on 0204 513 2676 to find out if we can help you with your coaching.