COVID19 - please note that this course can only run if current restrictions are lifted by Scottish Government - currently First Aid courses can only be delivered for essential workers. If the course cannot go ahead, you will given a full refund.
This is an Emergency First Aid at Work course, which is a mandatory pre-requisite for LTA Coach Accreditation
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note that if you cancel with less than 1 weeks notice, or if you don't turn up for the course, you will forfeit any course fees paid.
Brodie Park, Braids Road
Tennis Scotland is the national governing body for tennis in Scotland. Working closely with sportscotland and the LTA, our mission is to get ‘more people playing tennis more often’. Tennis Scotland focuses on a number of key areas of work which include coach development, competition and officiating, performance tennis, disability tennis and general tennis development programmes.
Tennis Scotland run a number of coach development courses including our flagship CPD event the National Coaches Conference, in addition to forums and safeguarding courses.