On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Wednesday, 13 December 2023: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University, Carnegie Annex Headingley Campus
Accessible Not Wheelchair
Leeds Beckett University is an approved LTA Coach Development Centre
Our organisation offers LTA qualifications at Assistant, Instructor and Level 3. We also offer CPD courses for coaches from the LTA Official Course Menu, including Padel, Coaching Forums and County wide Coaching Days as well as Emergency First Aid at Work Courses.
Leeds Beckett University specialises in the organisation and delivery of courses in a supportive and inclusive environment. Our aim is to create an important link for individuals to successfully achieve nationally recognised qualifications and CPD to enable them to seek future voluntary/employed opportunities.
For further information, please visit our website