There are 6 fundamentals that make up the skills principle which you can see below:
· Tactically develop smart players
· Technically develop efficient and effective strokes
· Teach muscle relaxation
· Consistently challenge, assess and feedback
· Communicate the why and support facts where possible
· Know your player and individualise your coaching
This module looks at ways to develop smart players, and how we communicate the why
There is a reflective learning section within this module which needs to be completed in order to gain 1 Coach CPD Credit towards your Accreditation+
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) is the national governing body for tennis in Great Britain. Our mission is to get more people play tennis more often. The LTA focuses on a number of key areas of work which include coach development, competition and major events, high performance support, officiating and participation support among others.
The LTA run a number of coach education events including their flagship CPD event the National Coaches Conference, in addition to forums and safeguarding courses. The LTA also run courses for officials.