Seniors Tennis individual competitions
There are opportunities for Seniors players of all ages to take part in tennis competitions of all standards.
You don't have to be a member of a tennis club to start competing. Many venues, including clubs, parks and educational establishments enable their tennis courts to be booked online. To find and book a court near you, use our online booking service below:
Many venues offer friendly competition for singles and doubles via Local Tennis Leagues. To learn more about what these are and to find out where these operate near you here, head below:
For general information on starting out in Seniors Tennis, head to our 'Start playing' page with all the key info you need:
Individual competitions at LTA registered venues
Tennis clubs and other registered venues will offer a range of competitions for senior players. These will include box leagues and annual club championships, which will usually include events for Seniors. Many clubs arrange friendly competitions of all types throughout the year.
An additional source of information on local, county and national competitions is the Seniors County Organiser (SCO). Each county has a SCO and their details can be found via our counties page.
Tennis tournaments within Great Britain
Seniors Tennis GB sanctions and supports a range of around 20 tournaments in various locations in Great Britain throughout the year. These all form part of the ITF World Tennis Masters Tour. For more details see, check out the 2024 GB Tennis Masters Tour Provisional Calendar.
For ITF Masters Tour Tournaments in Great Britain please refer to the 2023 GB Tennis Masters Tour calendar above. There are also other tournaments that take place all over the world. Details can be found on the ITF World Tennis Masters Tour calendar.
The LTA sanction a large quantity of tournaments, many of which have categories for Seniors players. You can use our LTA Competitions website to search for these tournaments, using filters to search by area, date, duration, tournament grading, and age group.
Major national competitions in Great Britain for seniors
Seniors Tennis GB organise four major national competitions annually. Please see below for more details.
The 2024 British Closed Masters Grass Court Championships (ITF Grade MT700) take place at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon from 18 to 25 August.
Tap or click the link below to view the Roll of Honour for the British Closed Masters Grass Court Championships:
The 2024 British Open Masters Grass Court Championships (ITF Grade MT700) take place at the International Tennis Centre, Devonshire Park, Eastbourne from 27 August to 1 September.
Tap or click the link below to view the Roll of Honour for the British Open Masters Grass Court Championships:
The LTA calculates your ranking as follows:
- Introduction of a doubles ranking, alongside the current singles ranking, incorporating domestic and international ITF World Tennis Masters Tour events for GBR players only.
- Separate singles and doubles ranking lists to include Male 30+, Female 30+ to Male 90+ and Female 90+ ranking categories.
- Seniors singles and doubles ranking to be made up of a player's best 4 singles/best 4 doubles results (which may be from the previous age group, excluding Open) within the previous 52 weeks.
- Multiplier of 2 to be applied to both UK and international ITF World Tennis Masters Tour point allocations.
- ITF World Tennis Masters Tour regulations used for point allocations, whereby regardless of the number of entries in the draw, points are allocated to players.
- LTA senior rankings are available using this link: LTA Senior Rankings.
THE ITF calculates your ranking as follows:
- To be ranked on the ITF World Masters Tour individual rankings in singles or in doubles a player must have registered for a valid IPIN membership and have competed in an ITF event.
- Seniors singles and doubles ranking to be made up of a player's best 4 singles/best 4 doubles results (which may be from the previous age group) within the previous 52 weeks.
- The number of points awarded depends how far a player progresses in an ITF tournament and the grade of the tournament.
- ITF Masters rankings are available using this link: ITF World Tennis Masters Tour Rankings.
Should ranking points of two individuals be equal, the points gained in the higher grade of tournament determines positioning.