Tennis Wales Looking for Vale of Glamorgan Park Courts Coaching Providers
• 4 MINUTE READ
Tennis Wales is looking for coaching providers, qualified to level three and above, to deliver a high quality, sustainable and inclusive tennis coaching programme at the newly refurbished park tennis courts at Penarth Athletic, Millwood and Wenvoe in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The park court sites have been renovated as part of a nationwide investment by the UK Government and LTA Tennis Foundation, delivered by the LTA, to refurbish public tennis courts and open up the sport to many more people.
This investment will bring thousands of existing park tennis courts in poor or unplayable condition across the UK back to life for the benefit of communities across the country, as well as making it easier to find, book and get on court.
Park tennis courts vital for getting children and adults active, delivering significant physical and mental wellbeing benefits.
With a population of circa 128,000 residents, the Vale of Glamorgan presents a fantastic opportunity to welcome new players of all ages and abilities into tennis.
With that in mind the focus of the coaching programme will be to:
- Develop and deliver an effective, inspiring and sustainable community tennis development programme for people of all ages and abilities (adults, juniors, minis)
- Provide attractive opportunities for casual and recreational players who perceive joining a club to be too formal for their needs to access the tennis
- Support LTA initiatives where appropriate, specifically Big Tennis Weekend, free parks tennis, and other national products and / or campaigns / programmes / initiatives
- Consideration as to how to engage new players into tennis, particularly those classed as 'inactive'.
- Provide specific adapted coaching opportunities for people with a disability, in addition to providing inclusive opportunities for people from all diverse backgrounds.