Serves and Inclusion Coordinator Vacancy
• 2 MINUTE READ
Tennis Wales is seeking a SERVES and Inclusion Coordinator to help us deliver our vision and strategy ‘tennis opened up across Wales’.
The SERVES and Inclusion Coordinator will lead our work to increase tennis participation amongst ethnically diverse communities in Wales.
This role has a crucial role in widening participation in tennis beyond the existing player base, using the LTA SERVES programme as an engagement tool. You will develop new relationships with key partner organisations and community groups who work with, and are based in, ethnically diverse communities. Placing consultation and engagement at the centre of our work, the postholder will engage the community to provide the right opportunities to play. The post-holder will also support our work to roll out anti-racism training and awareness to the wider LTA SERVES network.
We value the diversity of thought which comes from having a Tennis Wales team drawn from a range of backgrounds, experiences and characteristics that can help us achieve our vision of tennis opened up across Wales. We therefore welcome applications from people from all communities.
This post is funded via a grant awarded by Welsh Government to support delivery of the Culture, Heritage and Sport goals and actions in the Anti-racist Wales Action Plan.
Key roles and responsibilites
- To lead our work with ethnically diverse communities, ensuring we consult widely to understand the needs of communities and provide appropriate and inclusive opportunities to play tennis – the right place, at the right time in the right environment.
- Use the principles of the LTA SERVES programme as a tool to engage ethnically diverse communities in playing tennis on a regular basis. Deliver a programme of tennis festivals bringing people from different communities of Wales together to play tennis.
- Create both national and local networks of stakeholders and partners to both deliver and help promote tennis opportunities to ethnically diverse communities principally in Cardiff, Newport and Swansea.
- Oversee delivery of a programme of education and training to train activators to lead activity locally and also support young people from ethnically diverse communities to undertake qualifications and training on the LTA Coach Development programme.
- Oversee delivery of a programme of anti-racism awareness training to the wider network of LTA SERVES programmes across Wales.
- Ensure we market and promote tennis activities in an inclusive manner to ethnically diverse communities. Coordinate regular communication to people playing on the programme, sending regular news and information of how to get further involved, ensuring we keep people playing long term.
- Communicate with, and support local tennis clubs, park and coaching programmes to create next step opportunities for people from ethnically diverse communities to play, compete or join their local Tennis Club when the time is right.
- Oversee budget management for areas of programme responsibility.
- Report regularly on the progress of the programme, providing performance management information on an ongoing basis for partners, colleagues & Board as required.
- Support Tennis Wales efforts to ensure registered venues, parks and community tennis projects in Wales are safe to practise, protecting children & vulnerable adults playing tennis across the country in partnership with colleagues in Tennis Wales and statutory agencies.
The closing date for this position is 5pm on Friday 27th January