Tennis Scotland’s Schools Roadshow Fund 2022
• 3 MINUTE READ
The School Roadshow Fund 2022 aims to assist clubs with the financial implications associated with providing promotional curriculum tennis taster sessions in schools, which aim to increase opportunity, awareness and participation in the sport.
Access to funding is intended to support clubs in the delivery of 1–2 weeks of intensive taster sessions at local clusters of primary schools to inspire large groups of pupils through fun and engaging tennis-based activities. It is envisaged that individual classes at each participating school will benefit from a one-hour taster session to maximise fund value and coverage across age groups and local school areas.
As a first engagement with tennis for many youngsters, the taster sessions should directly signpost to the lead club’s venue-based open day or ‘LTA Youth Start’ programme. To ultimately reduce barriers to participation, particularly for underrepresented groups of individuals, open days should also promote an enticing membership offer which will enable new players to continue their journeys in tennis.
Minimum criteria to access the fund:
- Venues must be LTA registered.
- Delivery coaches are required to be LTA accredited and qualified to at least Level 2 (LTA Instructor) or above.
- Funding requests should either match investment into the running of sessions or via a ‘benefit-in-kind’ (ie a coach contributing their own personal time).
- All taster sessions should feed into a LTA Youth Start Programme or open day set up via ClubSpark for bookings, with mandatory recording of attendance required on the day.
- If a non-ClubSpark mechanism is used for follow-up coaching or memberships, insight must be provided in regard to transference.
- This fund should be accessed as a partnership between a coaching team and club venue, with a maximum award of £250 available to clubs.
Measures of success include:
- Number of children and families attending an open day / signing up for an LTA Youth Start programme.
- Number of children and families transitioning into club coaching or membership.
Applications are now being accepted and the process will remain open until the fund has been fully allocated. Submit your club’s application here, or complete the form below, ensuring that you demonstrate fulfilment of the minimum criteria noted above.
The outcome of your application will be communicated within 14 days of its submission date. If you need any further information about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org