Running Free Park Tennis sessions
Free Park Tennis is a new programme that gives more people the chance to play tennis – offering fun, social tennis sessions at a local park court near you.
Sessions are free for all ages and abilities, running for one hour every Saturday or Sunday at 10:00 and are led by our team of trained volunteers – also known as Free Park Tennis Activators.
Free Park Tennis Activators work together as a team to run fun games and exercises that will help more people get active for free and discover their love for tennis.
What is a Tennis Activator?
Tennis Activators help facilitate tennis play, helping more people discover their love for the sport. It doesn't matter how good you are or even if you play tennis - anyone can become a Tennis Activator.
How to become a Free Park Tennis Activator
There are two different paths to becoming a Free Park Tennis Activator – both are simple and free for you to apply:
Path one: You’ve been approached by a venue or operator to become an Activator
- Click the button below to sign up as a Free Park Tennis Activator
- Create your account and complete the onboarding process
- Complete your training, DBS and Safeguarding training
- Get to know all the resources and we will let you know when your session is all set up
Path two: You don’t know your venue or operator but want to become an Activator
- Complete a short expression of interest form
- An operator will get in touch to discuss the role with you
For full instructions on becoming a Free Park Tennis Activator, please read our helpful guide.
Log in to your Activator portal
If you're already signed up as a Free Park Tennis Activator, you can access all your training and resources through our portal.
You don’t need to be a coach or even have that much experience playing tennis, anyone can become a Free Park Tennis Activator – we’ll give you everything you need to succeed.
All you need to do is complete our free online training (two and a half hours approx.) and you’ll be ready to support your first session.
Becoming a Free Park Tennis Activator is hugely rewarding. Your time and effort will make a big difference in people’s lives – helping players of all ages and backgrounds pick up a racket and have fun playing tennis. Who knows, you might help someone discover a new passion for life.
Not only will you be helping to grow the game and make a real impact in your community, but it’s a great opportunity for you to get out, keep active and enjoy spending time out on court. Working together as a team, you’ll get to meet new people
So, what’s in it for you? Here’s just a few of the benefits on offer for our Free Park Tennis Activators:
- Free online training – giving you all the knowledge and resources you need to run fun sessions at your local park courts
- Free tennis equipment – we’ll kit you out with an equipment bag with rackets, balls, markers and everything else you need
- Free hoodie – once you’ve finished your training we’ll send you a Free Park Tennis hoodie to wear during your sessions
- Support – the Operator at your local park courts will support you throughout your time as an Activator with ongoing admin and online sessions