This is an Emergency First Aid at Work course, which is a mandatory pre-requisite for LTA Coach Accreditation
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Wednesday, 13 December 2023: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
David Lloyd Club Northwood
David Lloyd Northwood, Ducks Hill Road ,
Accessible Not Wheelchair
UCoach is one of the UK’s largest providers of Assistant (Level 1), Instructor (Level 2) and Coach (Level 3) tennis coaching courses. We have been an LTA Coach Development Centre since 2009 and have trained over 10,000 coaches. We are proud of our reputation as a leading coach qualification deliverer and the coaches we have trained, many of whom choose to stay with us for all their qualifications.
Our philosophy is in our strapline “It’s all about you.” We take a holistic approach to learning where all coaches are valued as individuals and encouraged to reach their full potential in their own timeframe. We reach out to anyone with a desire to coach. The range of coaches includes young coaching assistants, schoolteachers and leaders of clubs, retired tour players and experienced performance coaches, all with one aim, to develop their tennis coaching skills. We encourage all our partners to be actively involved in our coach education programme and to provide feedback to ensure we maintain a high quality of delivery.
As well as LTA qualifications at Assistant, Instructor and Coach, UCoach delivers LTA and bespoke CPD courses. Our bespoke courses include First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Safeguarding and courses relevant to growing a coaching business as well as Mentoring and Skill Acquisition.