This is an Emergency First Aid at Work course, which is a mandatory pre-requisite for LTA Coach Accreditation
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); – administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Access, Faith or other needs and requirements
If you have any access, learning, faith or other needs or requirements, please email the CPD Provider at least one week before the course is due to start. Please also let us know if you will be attending with a personal assistant or communicator. The course tutor will be advised of your requirements and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
Please note, if the course is run by a Training Provider, and not the LTA, any payment taken online or out of the LTA website will be sent straight to the provider.
Monday, 18 December 2023: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
University of Warwick Tennis Centre
Westwood Campus, The University of Warwick Gibbet Hill Road
Coach Central is one of the UK's leading providers of Level 1 (Assistant), 2 (Instructor), and 3 (Coach) tennis coaching courses. We are proud of our official status as an LTA Coach Development Centre, which guarantees you get the highest delivery and support standards.
Coach Central, inspire2coach's coaching arm, offers a wide range of CPD and mentoring to help you achieve your goals and become the best you can be. We offer the LTA CPD menu as well as some of our own, all of which count towards accreditation points.
As an integral part of inspire2coach, Coach Central was created by tennis players for tennis players to provide career opportunities in the field of coach development as well as growth pathways for coaches at all levels of experience and development. We are a well-established Coach Development Centre, providing training and development, qualifications, mentorship, and assistance with continuing professional development (CPD).