Competition Parenting Workshop - Online Webinar
The aim of this workshop is to provide attendees with the knowledge and skills needed to optimally support their child at tennis competitions.
This online webinar is designed for tennis parents with children between the ages of 9 and 14 years who have either just started competing or who regularly play in competitions. Attendees will be able to sign-on in their own home and interact with the tutor and fellow attendees via the online session.
The 2 hour interactive Parent Workshop has been designed in partnership with Loughborough University to address the specific needs of tennis parents. The topics covered during the workshop will include:
- Parents’ roles during tennis competitions
- Children’s perceptions of optimal parenting behaviour at competitions
- Supportive vs. pressurising behaviours: What is the difference?
- Communicating effectively with children before, during and after a match
- Managing the emotional demands of competition
- Engaging in role model behaviours
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOPS WILL NOT COUNT FOR COACHING ACCREDITATION CREDITS OR OFFICIALS LICENCE CREDITS
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) is the national governing body for tennis in Great Britain. Our vision is ‘Tennis opened up’, and our mission is to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable. We’re here to govern and develop tennis in Britain, from grassroots participation through to the professional game.
The LTA focuses on a number of key areas of work which include coach development, competition and major events, high performance support, officiating and participation support among others.
The LTA is responsible for the provision of:
- Assessments and Readiness Tests
- Competition Organiser Courses
- Senior, Master & Coach Tutor Courses
- Teacher Training Courses
- Time to Listen Courses