Tennis Wales Awards Winners 2021
• 1 MINUTE READ
We have now crowned the winners of our Tennis Wales Awards 2021. The names of our 10 award winners were all announced between the 1st and 12th March via our social media channels.
Lockdown hasn’t stopped the extraordinary contributions of our players, volunteers, venues and workforce from going above and beyond to bring the sport to their communities, and we wanted to ensure that even though we could not hold a physical award ceremony this year, that we still recognised these achievements.
Our winners (listed below) will be automatically put forward for consideration for the UK-wide LTA Awards taking place in July 2021:
- Chiltern Sports Club of the Year: Allt-Yr-Yn Lawn Tennis Club.
- Dragon Signs Development Coach of the Year: Kari Davies
- Performance Coach on the Year: Francesca Lewis
- Community Venue of the Year: Neath Tennis Courts
- Competition of the Year: Rhiwbina LTC, E Y Wilkey Welsh Open
- Volunteer of the Year: Melanie Dawes
- Young Person of the Year: Sebastian Griffiths
- Official of the Year: Colin Haldenby
- Lifetime Achievement: Ann Brown
- President’s Award: Mackintosh Coaching Team
Simon Johnson, Tennis Wales CEO, said: “2020 was an extraordinary year, but the brilliant people who work with Tennis Wales across the country have helped keep the sport open and accessible even in tough times.
“The Tennis Wales Awards are a great way to recognise these incredible contributions, and we’re so pleased to be rewarding members for their commitment to keeping the community involved in tennis. We hope the Awards help to demonstrate that tennis really is for everyone, and that clubs across Wales are always going to welcome players old and new.”
Tennis Wales announces Net World Sports partnership
Tennis Wales is delighted to announce a partnership with Wrexham based Net World Sports as its ‘Official Court Equipment Supplier’.
LTA SERVES Programme to be delivered in South Wales Churches
The LTA SERVES programme is to be delivered in the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints in Merthyr Tydfil, Swansea and Newcastle Emlyn.
Get your entry in for Welsh Padel Championships
The deadline to enter the first ever Welsh National Padel Championships is 10am on Monday 15 August.