Awards nominations deadline fast approaching
The deadline to submit nominations for the Tennis Wales Awards 2023 is 30 November.
Make sure you get your nominations in, in time as we look to celebrate and reward the volunteers, coaches and venues across Wales.
Nominations can be submitted via an online nomination form.
The awards recognise the many thousands of inspirational individuals involved in tennis, dedicating their precious time and energy to the continual development and growth of the sport.
There are 16 award categories to choose from. Criteria for each category has been set to give nominees a clear indication of what the Tennis Wales and the LTA would expect to see from the award winners.
The full list of categories is below (* Tennis Wales only award):
- Club of the Year sponsored by Chiltern Sports
- Development Coach of the Year sponsored by Dragon Signs
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Connecting Communities Award sponsored by Floodlighting and Electrical Services
- Park Venue of the Year
- Competition of the Year
- Disability Award
- School of the Year / University of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Volunteer of the Year
- Rising Star Award
- President’s Award
- Player of the Year: Adult and Junior*
- Club Team of the Year*
- Team of the Year* sponsored by Genero Productions
What’s more is that winners for 13 of the categories will automatically be put forward as a nomination for the LTA Awards, being held later on in 2023. Last year our Volunteer of the Year, Susie Griffiths went on to win the LTA Volunteer of the year.