We wanted to make the regulations fairer and clearer by making sure that people understand what they need to do to apply to be registered, to maintain their registration and what may happen if they fail to comply with the eligibility criteria and ongoing conditions. In particular, the updated Venue Registration Regulations:
1. clarify that registration is not an automatic right and that the decision as to whether or not to register an organisation and/or venue sits with the LTA;
2. set out a clear list of eligibility criteria to be met in order to apply for registration;
3. set out a clear list of ongoing conditions which need to be met for registration to be granted and then maintained; and
4. explicitly make the link between Registered Organisations and Registered Venues and the LTA’s governing and regulatory documents (such as the LTA Rules, LTA Disciplinary Code and LTA Code of Conduct), rather than this being implied.
The main additions/changes are as follows:
1. a new “Good Conduct and Integrity Requirement”; and
2. introduction of an appeal right for applicants and Registered Organisations/Venues.
We have also updated the Venue Registration Regulations so that they align with the regulations for the other LTA regulatory schemes relating to accreditation of coaches and licensing of officials.