The successful applicant will be self-employed, aiming to build a varied programme of activity of at least 12 hours a week. This will include weekly adult and junior coaching groups, an outreach schools programme, holiday camps and other taster events for the local community. Key responsibilities:
- Design and deliver a programme to attract and retain members, making use of LTA programmes such as LTA Youth, Tennis Xpress and including holiday programmes for children and teenagers as appropriate.
- Encourage and deliver recreational competition as part of the programme while ensuring players retain a sense of enjoyment of the game.
- Main point of contact for parents of juniors on the coaching programme and new adult members, so an infectious and passionate enthusiasm for getting people into tennis is essential.
- Manage external marketing of coaching services and promotion of the Club via social media, local advertising, networking, forging links with local community groups and schools, and various ad-hoc promotional activities. The committee will provide support in marketing, including running open days etc.
- Lead, develop and manage the coaching team as required to support the delivery of your programme.
Camvale Tennis Club has two floodlit macadam courts, a kids-zone, hitting wall, clubhouse and a strong local community membership. It is situated about 12 miles south of Bristol and Bath in a sports complex with other independently run activities.
Camvale is the only tennis club within a 6 mile radius and with several local primary/secondary schools in close proximity and a major new housing in the course of development this is a huge potential to attract many new juniors and adults to the Club and coaching.
The club is looking for a well organised person who is passionate and enthusiastic about tennis, with strong communication skills to inspire and motivate people of all ages, genders and abilities.
The successful applicant will ideally be an LTA Accredited Level 3 coach or above and have:
- The ability to plan and deliver a full and varied coaching programme.
- Key skills that transfer to both coaching groups and individuals, and all ages from the very young to seniors of all abilities.
- Ability to identify players with potential, and have the drive and skills to work with them to take them on to the next stage in their tennis journey.
- Relationship skills to ensure a close working partnership is developed with the Committee to enhance the general experience of tennis at the Club and to organise various competitive and social events; and attend Committee meetings and Club events as necessary.
- The ability to be proactive in the promotion of tennis and the Club in the local area, with practical ideas that will bring in new players, grow the membership, promote inclusion and develop relationships with targeted community groups, schools, businesses, other clubs, etc.
- Good organisational skills and be able to maintain good financial and attendance records, work online, able to use social media, produce reports, programmes and publicity as needed.
- A record of being reliable and punctual.
- Experience of setting up and delivering quality tennis development programmes.
- Experience of working with schools to develop quality school links.
- Strong people management and mentoring skills to support a coaching team.
- Use of ClubSpark to administer the coaching programme.
- Keen interest in developing their own skills and strengths, in particular deepening knowledge of technique, tactics, fitness, psychology and social demands of the sport through a Continuous Professional Development programme.