Padel Development Plan
The LTA’s vision “Tennis Opened Up” is about making tennis more accessible. It’s about breaking barriers to entry and growing the game of tennis. One of the LTA’s key strategies is to find new ways to grow participation, and padel is an innovative format of tennis that’s fun, flexible and easy to play.
Integrating padel into the LTA has provided an immediate platform to facilitate the organic growth of the sport, with tennis venues throughout Great Britain already exploring the potential opportunities it can bring to a facility.
Growing a minority sport from scratch in a country that loves its mainstream sports is a challenging task. This development plan has identified six growth enablers – the essential ingredients that collectively will ensure the sport is able to scale up over the next four years.
- Places – increasing the number of courts
- People – building a coach and activator workforce
- Programmes – making it easy to learn how to play the sport
- Pathway – providing the environment to help players reach their potential
- Partnerships – working with partners to accelerate growth
- Promotion – raising the visibility of the sport to attract players & fans
We ran a series of one hour practically-focussed webinars hosted by Tom Murray our Head of Padel. Below you can watch the recording of our Padel Development Plan webinar: