Self-Employed Club Coach
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and professional tennis coach to join our current team of coaches. The role is very much a full time position that will involve a combination of delivering club courses/squads, developing an individual client base and assisting and working with the Head Tennis Coach to deliver a variety of Club sessions.
The Northumberland Club is just over a mile from the city centre of Newcastle in the leafy, affluent suburb of Jesmond.
The club boasts 14 outdoor courts (3 floodlit artificial clay, 3 floodlit artificial grass, 5 American clay, 3 artificial grass) and 3 indoor acrylic courts. In addition, the club has 5 squash courts, 4 badminton courts, a gym and a bar/restaurant.
We are a very forward thinking club and there are both short term and long term plans for both the facilities and the tennis programme at the Club.
- Minimum Level 3, Accredited Plus and able to show current DBS.
- Completed LTA Safeguarding course.
- Be skilled at coaching and promoting the LTA’s initiatives such as LTA Youth Start, Tennis Xpress and Cardio Tennis.
- Understand the governing body’s products and work.
- Be able to work daytime, evening and at least one day at weekends.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Be hard working, highly motivated, committed, ambitious and have initiative.
- Be professional, reliable and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be actively seeking CPD.
- Have a good playing level.
- Show attention to detail and good administration.
- Have experience of and a willingness to coach in schools.
- Be able to help with LTA Youth Match plays.