Tennis Coach - Gorleston, Norfolk
This position is based at a family and community orientated club on the East Norfolk coast which has 5 floodlit hard courts and a club house. The coach will lead on all aspects of the programme including group lessons, camps, schools and individuals with the support of a national partner.
The role will be on court and start on 15 hours group coaching with additional opportunities for individual coaching hours. There will be a chance to grow and build further group work. Individual lessons will also be on top of this core of group hours increasing earning potential.
On-court weekly delivery consists of mini, junior, adult group sessions, school delivery and individual sessions. There is also an opportunity to deliver holiday camps and tournaments on an ad hoc basis.
An LTA Level 2 coaching qualification is desirable but not essential. A motivated candidate will receive robust support through a comprehensive onboarding process, ensuring a seamless transition into the new role.
- Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
- Chance to lead on all aspects of an exciting new club programme
- Personal Development pathway within the company - CPD, mentoring, on and off court training with a dedicated workforce development manager
- Coaching terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas. Personal retailer for Tecnifibre in which you keep 100% of profits generated by sales.
1) To deliver a high quality programme which caters for all ages and abilities at Gorleston Lawn Tennis Club
2) To deliver a minimum of 15 hours of core junior, adult and school coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
3) To be the coaching point of contact for all key members of the club including the club committee and members
4) To undertake any other duties as may be required as the lead coach of a club programme
This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role of a new and exciting tennis programme in Norfolk. You will also join a strong and innovative tennis association who work with driven and supportive facility owners.
National Tennis Association
Established in 2004, our primary goal at the National Tennis Association has been to encourage more individuals to engage in tennis by providing extensive support to venues and coaches, fostering their growth and success.
Our aim is to draw a broader audience to tennis and expand the sport. As a prominent partner of the LTA, we achieve this by delivering a diverse range of management and support solutions, coupled with award-winning coaching programs that empower venues, coaches, and players to thrive.
As a dynamic and expanding team, we firmly believe that a united group of ambitious, diligent individuals, driven by transparency and a sense of community, can make a positive impact on the tennis landscape in the UK.
Gorleston Lawn Tennis Club
Our programmes are geared towards creating opportunities for both children and adults to begin their tennis journey. We have established pathways for players to progress to development and academy sessions, enabling them to reach their maximum potential.
This role is situated at Gorleston Lawn Tennis Club on the East Norfolk Coast which includes 5 floodlit all weather courts, ample parking, family friendly clubhouse with a kitchen and changing facilities. Gorleston Lawn Tennis Club is one of the longest running tennis clubs in Norfolk, has a healthy membership of over 100 and is supported by a driven and passionate elected committee.
1) Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Level 2 Coach Qualification or above - Training options available for those who do not have this qualification
2) Experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
3) Experience of working with the LTA and tennis clubs
4) Ability to travel to the venues, ideally the right candidate would live locally or is willing and able to commute to the venues.
1) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
2) Have a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
3) Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
4) Motivated and reliable
5) Willing to learn and take part in CPD
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com (please state the Job Advert Title)Apply