Tennis Coach - East London
This position is based within our park programme in East London
within the Newham Parks Tennis team. The coach will work alongside the Head Coach and team within the overall programme of tennis development across the Borough of Newham.
The role will be on court and start on 18 hours group coaching with additional opportunities for individual coaching hours. There will be a chance to grow and build further group work and individual lessons on top.
On-court weekly delivery consists of mini, junior, adult group sessions, school delivery and individual sessions. There is also an opportunity to deliver holiday camps and tournaments on an adhoc basis.
An LTA Level 2 coaching qualification is desirable but not essential. A motivated candidate will receive robust support through a comprehensive onboarding process, ensuring a seamless transition into the new role.
- Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
- Chance to help build and grow a park programme
- Personal Development pathway within the company - CPD, mentoring, on and off court training
- Coaching terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas. Personal retailer for Tecnifibre in which you keep 100% of profits generated by sales.
1) To deliver a high quality programme which caters for all ages and abilities across multiple park venues
2) To deliver a minimum of 18 hours of core junior, adult and school coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
3) To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
4) To undertake any other duties as may be required within your team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the biggest park programme in the country based in East London. You will also join a strong and innovative tennis association who work with driven and supportive facility owners.
National Tennis Association
Established in 2004, our primary goal at the National Tennis Association has been to encourage more individuals to engage in tennis by providing extensive support to venues and coaches, fostering their growth and success.
Our aim is to draw a broader audience to tennis and expand the sport. As a prominent partner of the LTA, we achieve this by delivering a diverse range of management and support solutions, coupled with award-winning coaching programs that empower venues, coaches, and players to thrive.
As a dynamic and expanding team, we firmly believe that a united group of ambitious, diligent individuals, driven by transparency and a sense of community, can make a positive impact on the tennis landscape in the UK.
Newham Parks Tennis
Our programmes are geared towards creating opportunities for both children and adults to begin their tennis journey. We have established pathways for players to progress to development and academy sessions, enabling them to reach their maximum potential.
This role is situated within our park program in Newham, East London, The programme is across 9 park venues hosting 25 outdoor hard courts (10 floodlit courts), including the biggest venue at Stratford Park which has 6 floodlit hard courts.. Newham Parks Tennis is a vibrant tennis community with over 600 players participating in weekly coaching sessions.
For more information on Norwich Parks Tennis, please visit our website - https://newhamparkstennis.org.uk/
1) Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Level 2 Coach Qualification or above - Training options available for those who do not have this qualification
2) Experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
3) Experience of working with the LTA and tennis clubs
4) Ability to travel to the venues, ideally the right candidate would live locally or is willing and able to commute to the venues.
1) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
2) Have a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
3) Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
4) Motivated and reliable
5) Willing to learn and take part in CPD
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the Job Advert Title)Apply