Tennis Coach - East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club
The role will be on court and start on 20 hours group coaching with additional opportunities for individual coaching hours. There will be a chance to shape, grow and build further group work. Individual lessons will also be on top of this core of group hours increasing earning potential.
On-court weekly delivery consists of mini, junior, adult group sessions, school delivery and individual sessions. There is also an opportunity to deliver holiday camps and tournaments on an ad hoc basis.
The role is expected to grow into a full time 25 hours of core group delivery plus individuals. An LTA Level 2 coaching qualification is desirable but not essential. A motivated candidate will receive robust support through a comprehensive onboarding process, ensuring a seamless transition into the new role.
- Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
- Premier club in an affluent area of central Norwich
- Personal Development pathway within the company - CPD, mentoring, on and off court training
- Coaching terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas. Personal retailer for Tecnifibre in which you keep 100% of profits generated by sales.
- To support the Head Coach develop a high quality all round programme which caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver a minimum of 20 hours of core junior, adult and school coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within your team This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a prestigious tennis programme, join a strong and innovative tennis association working with driven and supportive facility owners.
National Tennis Association
Established in 2004, our primary goal at the National Tennis Association has been to encourage more individuals to engage in tennis by providing extensive support to venues and coaches, fostering their growth and success.
Our aim is to draw a broader audience to tennis and expand the sport. As a prominent partner of the LTA, we achieve this by delivering a diverse range of management and support solutions, coupled with award-winning coaching programs that empower venues, coaches, and players to thrive.
As a dynamic and expanding team, we firmly believe that a united group of ambitious, diligent individuals, driven by transparency and a sense of community, can make a positive impact on the tennis landscape in the UK.
East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club
Our programmes are geared towards creating opportunities for both children and adults to begin their tennis journey. We have established pathways for players to progress to development and academy sessions, enabling them to reach their maximum potential.
This role is situated at East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club, Norwich with 10 floodlit courts (3 artificial clay, 3 all weather acrylic & 4 macadam), 5 heated squash courts, interactive ISQUASH system, large clubhouse & bar, convenient car park, comfortable changing rooms with lockers & showers, free WIFI and an outside seating area.
East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club boasts a vibrant membership exceeding 700, with over 300 players participating in weekly coaching sessions.
For more information about East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club please visit https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/eastangliatennissquashclub<https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/eastangliatennissquashclub>
Qualifications and Experience
- Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Level 2 Coach Qualification or above - Training options available for those who do not have this qualification.
- Experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- Experience of working with the LTA and tennis clubs.
- Ability to travel to the venues, ideally the right candidate would live locally or is willing and able to commute to the venues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Have a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Motivated and reliable.
- Willing to learn and take part in CPD.