Tennis Auckland Lead Coach
- Join a coaching team and become part of a fun and inclusive culture
- Career development with a range of on-the-job training opportunities
- Flexible working practices to ensure work-life balance
- State of the art facilities, including indoor & outdoor courts
This position is responsible for the effective implementation, growth, and development of our junior pathway programs as well as leading the Adult coaching team delivering social play alongside Adult classes.
Reporting to the Head of Coaching, Tennis Auckland the key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate maximal growth in all people who start their tennis journey with Tennis Auckland
- Oversight of weekly themes and lesson plans that are required for consistent program delivery
- Work closely with our Junior Coaches to grow and develop their coaching abilities
- Plan and conduct holiday programs and camps to compliment weekly in term lessons
- Promote an effective, satisfying and productive working environment within the coaching team
It is an exciting time for tennis in Auckland and we have some ambitious plans to grow the game from grassroots youth (Tennis Hot Shots) – through to Performance Juniors and Adults of all standards.
To do this we are transforming how we deliver tennis, with the aim of making it more accessible, to more people, more often. To help us achieve our plan we are looking for an experienced coach to join our team at Tennis Auckland.
What's to love?
- Opportunity to work for a high quality New Zealand tennis organisation
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- State of the art onsite tennis facilities
- Flexible working practices
- A range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
- A passionate team of coaches with a wealth of industry experience both nationally and abroad
What you will bring to the role:
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Course OR Club Professional (or ITF Level 1 or 2 equivalent). If not, be willing to obtain this course under the Tennis New Zealand Coach Development program
- Extensive experience coaching tennis at key reputable venues, and a successful track record
- Experience working with all ages and abilities (e.g. Tennis Hot Shots through to adults)
- Proven knowledge of technique and on-court decision-making strategies
- Highly effective organisational and communication skills
- Level 1 First Aid & CPR
- You must register with Tennis New Zealand Coach Register (or be willing to) https://tennis.kiwi/coaches/
If you think you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Note: You must be eligible to live and work in New Zealand At Tennis Auckland, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis Auckland encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role. Tennis Auckland is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in New Zealand understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety and vulnerable adults.