Senior Club Coach / Junior Section Lead
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and progressive coach to join us. This role will include working across the wide programme of sessions we run, from Minis groups and schools to cardio tennis and adult sessions for all ages and abilities.
A key part of the role will include working closely with the Head Coach to help design and further develop the junior programme. The successful applicant will be the lead on promoting our junior section within the club, schools and local area.
This is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for developing junior players and is an opportunity to create and develop your own initiatives, in addition to delivering LTA products such as LTA Youth Start and Team Challenge.
Hale Gardens is a friendly club welcoming all ages, abilities, members and non-members. We have six floodlit courts; 2 artificial clay and 4 recently renewed artificial grass courts.
Players of all ages and abilities have access to coaching from our professional, fully qualified LTA coaches and from cardio tennis sessions to school holiday tennis camps there is something for everyone.
We currently have 10 teams competing within the Dorset Leagues plus junior matches and tournaments throughout the year. The club is run by a progressive and supportive committee of volunteers on behalf of the members.
- Professional, reliable and organised
- Friendly and approachable
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has experience delivering schools sessions
- Is able to coach all levels of junior and adult tennis
- Enthusiastic / Energetic Coaching Style
- Can work Saturday mornings
- Has flexibility to work a mixture of days, evenings and weekends
- Is able to travel independently between schools and club venues
- DBS/Safeguarding/First Aid Qualifications required
The role is ideally suited to a Level 3 coach (or above) with experience in managing a junior programme, but we are equally happy to consider an ambitious person who is ready and eager to step up to the next level. An interest and/or background in social media marketing will be advantageous.