Part-Time Coach at Dulwich LTC.
Dulwich Lawn Tennis Club is looking to hire, on a self-employed basis, a dynamic, motivated and passionate part time coach to assist our experienced coaching team with the delivery of our expanding junior and adult coaching program at the club. A guaranteed number of hours are available within the program.
- Working closely with the Head Coach to build and develop junior & adult tennis program at the club.
- Working at our holiday tennis camps.
- Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in LTA sanctioned tournaments.
- Identify young talent amongst the juniors and getting them to play more tennis.
Dulwich LTC is a beautiful club located in between Dulwich and Herne Hill in south London (SE24 9HP). The club has 11 outdoor courts in total including 4 grass courts open from May to late September, 4 hard courts with 2 of them floodlit and three floodlit artificial clay courts.
The club delivers an extensive junior program catering from tots tennis to 18&U performance academies and organises tennis holiday camps for 12 weeks per year (all holidays except for the Christmas period).
Dulwich LTC has over 650 members and are expanding yearly. We train about 400 players per week including 300 in our junior program. We have strong school links with some local schools and are actively looking at developing those further. We have three prestigious private schools in our area with over a thousand children in each of them and we are aiming at being their main tennis provider. The club also has exciting expansion projects in the making.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a passionate coach with great communication skills and a desire to further their learning in a dynamic performance tennis environment. They must also have the attributes below:
- A professional attitude on and off the court.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Passionate about coaching and improving their players.
- Demonstrates a willingness to support and contribute to the wider business.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills both on and off the court.
- Punctuality and reliability is essential.
- Working on Saturday mornings (9am-12pm) is essential.