We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced lead tennis coach to help us grow and structure our coaching programme. You will lead the delivery of junior and adult sessions and will take actions to expand our programming to meet the demands of our members and surrounding community.
- Overseeing on-court hours, as well as the growth of the overall programme
- Creating new junior and adult sessions to meet demand, driving participation, connecting with new partners/schemes to further develop the community program
- Training/Holiday camps & tournament visits out of term time.
Able to travel independently between multiple venues across Brighton
- Liaising with the director and admin support to ensure app, website and social media are kept up to date to help increase awareness and participation
- Along with the director, devising community plan for increased participation and outreach programme
- Leading on-court delivery of schools program (September 2022)
Overseeing assistant coaches
- 20 hours of on-court coaching available immediately with potential to grow to 30+ hours quickly
You'll be working alongside an experienced team of coaches, across two key Sussex venues - The Training Base operates an academy programme for over 40 county level + players, with associated training camps/trips to support our group of players. Hollingbury Community Sports Hub, where you will lead is a community-based tennis programme based at Hollingbury Park in Brighton, providing accessible and affordable tennis coaching to players of all ages and stages. In recent years, we have grown and delivered community tennis sessions to junior and adult players both independently and in collaboration with partners, including Fred Perry and Ten Project, welcoming hundreds of players to our newly refurbished courts. We want to further structure and grow our programming to provide members with a consistent delivery of tennis sessions and help to further develop this thriving tennis community.
- You are a LTA Accredited Coach Level 4 or above
- Committed to ongoing career development & maintenance of LTA Coach License
- Ideally have experience working at all levels of the game, from mini tennis through to national/international level
- You have a passion for tennis and want to play a part in growing the sport, from grassroots to working tournament players
- You have a minimum of 3 years of tennis coaching experience
- You are reliable and possess excellent organisational skills
- You have some experience developing coaching programmes
- Available to deliver sessions during early mornings, weekends and evenings, as programmed by the Director.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'Lead Tennis Coach Application'.Apply