North Oxford Tennis Club has an exciting opportunity for a full time tennis coach to join our expanding coaching programme from 1st August 2022. We have an established junior academy running development and performance squad sessions Monday-Saturday. We also operate a comprehensive adult coaching programme throughout the weekdays.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working with both juniors as well as adults. The coach must be available to work either a Saturday or a Sunday. The core squad group hours will consist of a minimum of 15 hours per week with the opportunity to build a further 15-20 hours (or more if wanted) of individual clients at Oxfordshire's largest tennis club.
Coaching assignments could include: Junior Groups, Primary school visits, holiday camps, adult group coaching, 1:1 lessons as well as open days.
North Oxford Tennis Club is a large tennis club based 3 miles from the city of Oxford. We have 9 floodlit all weather hard courts and 10 grass courts Open from May-September as well as a membership of over 700. The club has a vision to build on our existing fantastic facilities, increasing the number of all weather courts in the near future.
The aim of the Junior Academy is to create an inclusive, progressive & sustainable coaching programme for our members and guests. The club competes on a national level with our mens team competing in the National Tier of Team Tennis. We also have an 18u team competing at regional level.
The coaching programme has a well established Tennis Academy with a local school offering the tennis scholars a programme of 15 hours a week training.
We also have the use of a secondary venue offering our coaches and members access to a further three hard hard courts year round.
We are looking for an LTA accredited level 3 coach (experienced level 2 will be considered).
- The coach should demonstrate a passion for coaching players of all ages and abilities.
Essential competencies include
- Passion and enthusiasm for the sport
- Ability to work individually and as part of a wider team
- A strong customer service ethos
- A high level of technical and tactical knowledge of the game
- Strong verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of working in a club/school setting
- Excellent organisational skills
Why Join North Oxford?
- Exciting opportunity to join an expanding club and coaching programme
- A high demand for individual tuition
- Competitive remuneration
- Supportive management team to help you grow at North Oxford
- Join a strong, friendly and social coaching team
To apply for this role, all candidates should please include a covering letter and a Tennis CV.
The Start date for this role will be: 01/08/22
The interview process will consist of
1) An informal phone call about the role with the Head Coach
2) Face to face meeting, a chance to ask questions about the role
3) On court observed lesson
4) Job offer
For more information about the role please contact Tom Francis on 07747 026 377 or email: email@example.com