This is a self-employed position.
Assistant coaches will be working with lead coaches at the sessions.
Term time sessions are in local schools Monday – Friday and generally the times are 3.30 – 4.30pm, as well as Saturday mornings.
We're also looking for coaches to work at our holiday camps.
You will be working to develop agility, balance and coordination; getting the children to learn forehand, backhand, volleys, serving and smashes. The aim for younger children is to develop their skills to rally and for older children to learn how to play matches.
Key responsibilities include:
• Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session.
• Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools.
• Being on time for all sessions
• Safeguarding of the children
• Assisting with the safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely.
• Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
• Talking with parents about the progress of their children, when necessary
• Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
• Being familiar with and following all club policies and procedures.
England Sports Group works with over 70 schools across Middlesex and Surrey, with a variety of sports such as tennis, netball, football, rugby, and gymnastics.
We currently coach over 2,000 children a week and we want to release the potential in all of the children we teach.
Tennis England is a sister organisation of ESG, and provides the complete tennis programme for children; tennis in schools, club group and individual tennis lessons, high performance training, tennis scholarships, LTA tennis tournaments throughout the year and international tennis holidays. Our clubs include Bushy Park Tennis Club (https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/bushyparktennis) and Imber Court Sports Club.
|Person Specification• Must be 17 years old minimum
• DBS checked – this can be done in the joining process.
• Reliable and punctual
• Good communication skills
• Enjoys working with children
• You must be eligible to work in the UK
• You must be able to speak English fluently
• You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this position.
• Flexible working
• Gain experience working with children
• Support by a dedicated office team
• Personal development programmes available
• Free tennis membership at Imber Court