Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, situated on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and host venue for the London 2012 Paralympic Wheelchair Tennis event are looking at expanding our coaching team to keep up with the high demand. We are looking for hard working and motivated coaches to join us at this world class venue.
The role will include:
- Delivery of junior and adult programmes
- Delivery of disability programme
- Day-time and after-school sessions(travel may be required)
- Pay and play sessions (Cardio Tennis, social tennis, matchplay sessions)
- 121 lessons – the centre has a waiting list of customers wishing to start individual lessons(full-time only)
- Delivery of external events / schools where required
- Attending internal coaches meetings and internal coach education/training sessions
The ideal candidate will have a minimum LTA Level 3 or RPT/PTR equivalent, and will have experience and be confident in delivering sessions to all ages, abilities. Part of the role would involve the delivery of disability sessions so a disability awareness qualification would be desirable but not essential. Candidate should be available to work weekdays and weekends.
Candidate will be self-employed and will hold LTA Coach Accreditation and be required to provide, safeguarding, DBS, and first aid certificates along with the right to work in the UK.
Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre has 6 floodlit outdoor courts and 4 indoor acrylic courts, a fully staffed reception.
•Experience of working with adults and juniors both individually and in groups
•Experience (or a passion to develop skills in) working with disability groups
•Experience of working in Primary and Secondary schools
•LTA Coach Accreditation
•Excellent Customer Service skills
•Punctual and reliable
Desired but not essential
•Disability and Inclusive Tennis Qualifications
•Experience working in a Leisure Centre or similar environment
Subject: Full-time/Part-time Coach Position
with your interest.
Look forward to hearing from you!