This is a self-employed position working 30 to 50 hours per week.
Tennis England is looking for an energetic and passionate Club Coach. The ideal candidate must have a desire to improve their personal development skills as we would put them through the leadership programme: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
• £22 - £25 per hour for group coaching
• £25 - £35 per hour for private coaching
• From £110 per day for holiday camps
Key responsibilities include:
• Coaching sessions in the club, schools, holiday camps as well as private one-to-one tennis coaching.
• Working collaboratively with a team of tennis coaches at club and school programmes.
• Developing and growing the club programme.
• Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in tennis competitions with ESG tournaments and other LTA sanctioned tournaments.
• Identify young talent amongst the juniors and getting them to play more tennis to feed the ESG High Performance Academy.
• Deliver high quality individual lessons.
Other responsibilities include:
• Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session
• Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools
• Being on time for all sessions
• Safeguarding of the children
• Safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely
• Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
• Talking with parents about the progress of their children
• Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
• Becoming familiar with and following all club policies and procedures.
Tennis England's facilities at Imber Court Sports Club:
• 6 grass courts
• 4 floodlit Padel courts
• 9 Hard Tennis courts (four floodlit)
• 2 Pickleball courts
England Sports Group (of which Tennis England is a division) was established in 1991. We work with over 70 schools and have nine clubs across Middlesex and Surrey.
Our 'Life Skills Through Sport' programme for children and 'Raising the Status of the Sports Coaching Profession' are the two pillars of our philosophy.
We have created a quality culture, determined to develop every child and coach to their full potential.
We currently coach over 2,000 children a week and we want to release the potential in all of the children we teach.
• Tennis England will fund a percentage of future LTA Coaching Qualifications.
Leadership Program of courses which we fund for you to attend, including:
• 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
• Outstanding Leadership
• 5 Choices of Productivity
• Leading at the Speed of Trust
• The Leader in Me
• LTA Level 3 minimum
• Must be able to drive and have a car
• At least 3 years of tennis coaching experience
• Fluent in English
• You need to have a love for working with children
• Great communication skills and a “can do” attitude
• Highly organised, with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement
• Ideally located in or near the area
• Be willing to work hard
• Good tennis playing level
Please send your CV and cover letter to