The role involves the development and running of coaching programmes for adults and juniors at Aberdour Tennis Club in a self-employed role. We are happy to consider applications from committed and passionate Level-2 coaches.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a range of regular coaching sessions for adults and juniors, covering all ages and abilities, from pre-school to adult classes. We are particularly keen for our incoming coach to incorporate LTA initiatives into their programme, such as Play Your Way to Wimbledon, LTA Youth Start, Prime Video LTA Youth Girls, Tennis Xpress and Cardio Tennis.
- Working proactively with the committee, with regard to coaching, club development, maximising membership numbers and creating an inclusive club culture.
- Delivering junior tennis camps during local school holidays.
- Support the committee events team by incorporating matchplay into the coaching programme through club championships, junior events and Team Challenge.
- Collaborating with committee and parents to ensure the smooth running of junior league matches.
- Updating the committee when necessary regarding the progression of the programme, to ensure the club and coach support each other.
- Offering private and group lessons to club members.
- Working with the committee to build a team of assistant coaches as required, to meet the needs of the club programme.
- Engaging with the local community with the aim of serving the community in its tennis needs and consequently expanding tennis participation at the club.
Aberdour Tennis Club is set in a beautiful seaside village just thirty minutes by train or car from Edinburgh. The club was established in the 1950s and is an integral part of village life.
We have three floodlit, artificial-grass courts, a fully equipped clubhouse and a practice wall for the enjoyment of the 150-strong membership. We are looking to engage with a coach who can offer a diverse programme for members and serve the Aberdour community and the surrounding area. Aberdour and Burntisland offer a combined population of over 8,000, providing a great opportunity for an enthusiastic coach to build the programme.
We run several men’s and ladies’ teams in the East of Scotland League, and junior boys’ and girls’ teams, from 8Us to 18Us, and we wish to encourage continued participation in these teams. We are proud to encourage a pathway into competitive tennis for all players, creating an aspirational programme that is not only competitive, but also inclusive.
Please visit our website at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/AberdourLTC for more information.
- Enthusiasm, patience and positivity.
- Good knowledge of player progression at all ages and stages, with suitable equipment and skills to facilitate this.
- Great communication skills, including being happy to assist the committee by sharing information on the club's website, email and social-media channels when required.
- A passion for tennis and a wider knowledge of the game.
- Willingness to immerse themselves in the club, engage with members, and expand and strengthen ties with the local community.
- Organised and happy to feedback plans and ideas to the committee and engage in schemes to deliver these. Ability to work to deadlines when required.
- Happy to give time within reason to engage with the committee outside of coaching, in order to develop general club plans.