Club Tennis Coach Vacancy
Key Role Requirements
- To manage and oversee all aspects of a fully inclusive adult & junior coaching programme.
- Coordinate and deliver a programme of activities to ‘open up’ tennis opportunities across the sports hub membership and the wider Lymm and surrounding area communities.
- To organise and deliver a comprehensive programme from pre-school activity to adult beginners, improvers and team players.
- To support the attraction and retention of members of all ages and abilities.
- To provide a pathway for player development through talent attraction and progression. Particular focus on the 10U age group and their route to county and regional representatation.
- Working with the club to promote and deliver activities in local schools as part of the outreach programme.
- Ensuring utilisation of the LTA Youth offer for schools and club.
- Contributing to open days and follow-on offers for conversion to programme/membership.
- Offering a system of player assessment and progress feedback to players/parents.
- Assist and undertake administrative tasks as required for the programme and effective monitoring. Including but not restricted to Clubspark, Results Manager.
- Compliance with policies and safeguarding requirements of venues.
- Consider personal development and training needs monthly.
- Attend meetings, steering group and club committee meetings as required (monthly).
Lymm Manor Road Tennis Club forms part of a multi sports venue alongside rugby, hockey and squash and is based at Lymm Rugby Club.
We are a very friendly and sociable club that aims to provide tennis at every level and for players of all ages. It is a great place for anyone wanting to learn how to play tennis or improve their game. Boasting 4 newly laid artificial grass courts, all floodlit and within the beautiful surroundings of a walled garden.
The coach will have access to facilities to run a comprehensive programme of coaching, social and competitive activities and operate a successful business. They will be key in partnering the club in the achievement of its ambition to be a key club in Cheshire.
- LTA Level 2 or above with LTA Accreditation
- Full Driving License
- Experience of coaching beginners in a community setting
- Experience of delivering tennis activity to large groups (e.g. schools/ open days)
- Knowledge of the LTA Youth offer; supporting tennis in an education setting
- Dealing with clients/ participants and providing excellent communication and customer service
- Experience of marketing & promoting activities to current and potential participants
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Able too work independently and as part of a team
- Technology skills –to include willingness to use LTA ClubSpark, Results Manager
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Flexibility in relation to working hours (evening & weekend work)